- Creating a purchase order request
- Help with preparing purchase order requests
- Purchasing across different cost centres
- When Finance form requests are not required
- Amending a Finance form request
- What happens after your purchase order request is submitted
You can create a purchase request using the online Finance forms:
- First, identify the item you would like to purchase.
- Go to the Finance forms to create your purchase request (or pass on the quote or details to your Client Services Administrator) and log in with your staff username and password.
- Complete the form (see Help with preparing purchase order requests below). You can add as many line items to your purchase order request as required. You can include quote numbers in the Notes field or the Notes for purchasing team box when you create your request.
- Attach all required information to the form, e.g.
- Copy of approval from relevant Cost Centre head/Head of Department/Pro-Vice-Chancellor
- Quote documentation
- Catalogue information/specifications
- Other supporting information
- Take care to review the information you have included in your purchase order request then click Submit which will send your request to a Purchasing Officer. If a compulsory field is not completed, the form will not submit. If the information submitted is picked up as incorrect in Supply Chain, a Purchasing Officer will contact you for the correct details.
- The Purchasing Officer will create the Finance One purchase order for you or request further information if required. Once the Finance One order has been submitted the Purchasing Officer will receive a system-generated email confirming that the order has been placed. There will be further communication as required once the order is delivered and receipted.
- Once the approval process is complete in Finance One, you will receive notification from the Purchasing team.
Help with preparing purchase order requests
- How to Purchase an Item (PDF 419KB)
- Finance Forms - Purchasing Goods (PDF 1.1MB)
- Finance Forms - Purchasing Services (PDF 1MB)
- Finance Forms - Travel Purchase Orders (PDF 855KB)
- Finance Forms - International Travel (PDF 832KB)
- Finance Forms - Mobile Device (PDF 1.1MB)
- Finance Forms - Quote Request (PDF 735KB)
- Finance Forms - Campus Development (PDF 728KB)
- Finance Forms - General Invoice (PDF 369KB)
- Finance Forms - Credit Note (PDF 265KB)
You can also email the Purchasing team in Supply Chain at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance or have questions about using the Finance forms.
If you need to set up a purchase order that will cover a 12 month period, or span two calendar years, a "standing order" can be created. Add this information into the Notes for purchasing team field.
A new account code can be added for each line of your purchase order request in the Finance forms. However authorisation for the use of each cost centre needs to be obtained and provided as an attachment to your request (e.g. a PDF copy of email approval).
If a line item needs to be split across more than one account code, this will need to be stated in the Notes field so the Purchasing Officer in Supply Chain can create this in Finance One.
The Finance forms do not need to be used for stationery, domestic travel, or in the following departments who have embedded purchasing staff:
If you need to amend your purchase order request after you've sent it, email email@example.com quoting the incident number with the changes required.
Once you click Submit on your purchase order request in Finance forms, it will be sent to the Purchasing team in the Supply Chain area and you will receive an auto-reply.
Staff will complete your request and send you a copy of the purchase order and confirmation that your order has been placed with the supplier. They will be in contact if there are any questions or issues with your order.