Please read the Browser Support page of the Blackboard Helpsite to see which sorts of browsers are compatible with Blackboard:
Blackboard content not loading in browser
Some web browsers have default security settings which prevent videos from displaying on your Blackboard page. You may also experience problems when trying to update staff access in the Paper Administration area. This is called "blocking mixed content" and occurs when some content is only available through secure (HTTPS) websites. Most browsers can be adjusted to allow mixed content to show. Please follow the steps below to change your browser settings to allow mixed content:
- Click the shield icon in the address bar at the top of the browser. Please note that the shield icon will only appear if you are viewing a page with content that is being blocked.
- Click the arrow next to the Keep Blocking button and select Disable Protection on This Page.
- You may have to navigate back to your Blackboard page but all content should load now.
Internet Explorer is no longer supported for use with Blackboard, so you will need to use a different browser.
- Click the shield icon in the address bar.
- In the icon dialog box, click Load anyway or Load unsafe script.
- Repeat this for each page you would like to load where the shield icon appears.
Safari does not block mixed content.
Contact AskOtago if you need further technical assistance: