You'll need to apply for or renew your visa directly through Immigration New Zealand if:

  • you are outside New Zealand
  • you do not currently hold a valid student visa
  • you are not currently, or were not during the last enrolment period, a full-time student (unless you are an undergraduate finalist)
  • you did not pass at least 75% of your coursework in the last enrolment period (unless pre-approval is obtained from New Zealand Immigration).
  • you are here on the Student Exchange Programme
  • you need to apply for a different type of visa (e.g. a post-study work visa)

If you're already in New Zealand and hold a student visa, you may be able to apply for your visa-on-campus. The documentation required can either be collected from the Student Visa Services team at the International Office, Archway West or downloaded from our website.

The Student Visa Services team are available between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, or email

Last updated 18/05/2018 02.09 PM
Did this answer your question?