Special Admission is a means of entrance to the University of Otago for domestic students over 20 years of age who do not hold a New Zealand University Entrance qualification. You may be eligible for Special Admission if you:
- Are aged at least 20 years on the first day of the semester in which you wish to begin study
- Are a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand permanent resident, or
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent resident studying in New Zealand
- Do not otherwise qualify for admission
- Meet language requirements (if your first language is not English or Māori).