Special Admission is a means of entrance to the University for domestic students over 20 years of age who do not hold a New Zealand University Entrance qualification. You may be eligible for Special Admission if you:
- are aged at least 20 years on the first day of the semester in which you wish to begin study
- are a New Zealand citizen or
- are a New Zealand permanent resident, or an Australian citizen or permanent resident, studying in New Zealand
- do not otherwise qualify for admission
- meet language requirements (if your first language is not English or Māori).
Further information about applying for Special Admission