AskOtago Student IT Services help to look after a range of study spaces, which are available for you to use all year round. Dedicated computer labs and computer areas in libraries provide wireless access, colour printing and scanning, and computers running the Student Desktop.
Dunedin campus study spaces
Student computer study spaces are found throughout the Dunedin campus, and the computers run the same Student Desktop that you can use on your own computer. You can log in to the Student Desktop using your student username and password:
24-hour computer labs
- North CAL, opposite the Science Library
- Hercus CAL and Hunter CAL (during semester time)
- TCOL-Mac (TG05) and TCOL-PC (TG06), both on Ground Floor of Tower Block, College of Education
Student computer study spaces by campus area
Computer resource areas are available during the same hours as their building unless noted as 24-hour (access via student ID card).
Other computer areas
eStops provide a place to easily print off your lecture notes before class:
- Castle eStop (Castle Building)
- Plaza eStop (University Plaza)
- Psychology eStop (first floor, William James Building)
- Robertson eStop (Robertson Library)
- St David eStop (St David Lecture Theatre Complex)
If you just need a place to use your laptop to print or access the internet, check out the Marsh Centre or any of the quiet spaces in the libraries:
Windows or macOS?
Most of the student computer areas only have Windows/PC computers.
Some labs (Hunter CAL and West CAL) have macOS computers that also use the Windows Student Desktop.
Computer lab environment
AskOtago Student IT Services strive to provide all students with great areas to study in, however sometimes there can be issues:
- Lab too hot or cold?
- Printer out of paper, toner, or staples?
- Lab unclean, or equipment dirty?
- Light bulb flickering or out?
- Carpet worn or torn?
- Other students being noisy, unruly, or damaging equipment?
If you notice any problems please contact AskOtago Student IT Services in person at the AskOtago Central Hub, Dunedin campus, or: