You can set up three challenge questions which are used to verify your identity if you forget your University of Otago password and want to change your password yourself. To set up or change your challenge questions:
- Go to the Identity Self Service console (via Waharoa)
- Log in using your University Username and Password, then click the Log In button. Your username is printed on the front of your University of Otago ID card but if you don't have an ID card, contact ITS to find out your username.
- Click on the My Information panel in the middle of the screen and scroll down to the Challenge Questions section.
- If you have challenge questions already set, the questions will be displayed but your answers are hidden for security reasons.
- Select new challenge questions from the drop-down menu by clicking the small downwards pointing triangle to see a list of options you can use for each of three questions. You must use different questions and answers for each one. Make sure to choose questions and answers that you will remember!
- Enter each answer in the corresponding Answer box. The answers are not case-sensitive.
- Click out of the final answer box, then click the Apply button to save your questions and answers.
- Sign out of the Identity Self Service console using the Sign Out link under your username at the top right of the page.
For further information about setting your challenge questions, contact AskOtago: