Double-sided printing is also referred to as duplex printing. If you have sent your print job from the computer as a normal, single-sided job and want to make it double-sided, you can change this when you release your print job from the printer.
On the printer touchscreen:
- Select the job you wish to print double-sided.
- Tap Options.
- Under the Duplex option choose Long Edge (for portrait documents) or Short Edge (for landscape documents).
- Tap the Print + Delete button.
If you use a Canon printer and do a lot of double-sided printing or printing that requires stapling, you can set this as your default option in your print settings as follows:
- Go to your Windows system settings for Printers & scanners.
- Click on your default printer then click on the Manage button.
- Click on Printer Properties.
- In the General tab, click on Preferences…
- Under Output Options for Duplex, select Long Edge (for portrait documents).
- Under Stapling, select where you prefer your printed matter to be stapled – Left Upper is the usual choice.
- Click OK twice.
- Go to Apple > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Select your default printer from the list.
- Click Options & Supplies…, then click the Driver tab.
- Make sure the Duplex Unit checkbox is ticked.
- Click on the Options tab, and make sure that the Output Options drop-down menu has selected Staple Finisher Y1.
- Click OK.
For other printer models, please consult the manual or check with your departmental printer administrator.
Printing is charged per side printed, not per page, so printing on double-sided pages will not be cheaper.