If you've forgotten your staff username check your University staff ID card. If you don't have a University staff ID card, contact ITS to find out your username and reset your password if required.
If you've forgotten your University password, there are two things you can do:
1. Phone AskOtago on +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98 and ask them to reset your password. You will receive a temporary password that you need to change in the Identity Self Service console:
2. If you have previously set up your challenge questions in the Identity Self Service console, you can reset your own password using the Forgotten your Password function.
- Instructions for using the Forgotten your Password function (PDF 613KB)
- Changing your University Password guide (PDF 525KB)
When you change your password, it changes for all applications and systems that use your password. These include:
- logging into your staff computer or Staff Desktop
- Staff WebMail
- Staff Web Kiosk
- accessing your emails via Outlook or on your device
- wireless access
When you change your University password, any device or application that stores your password (such as desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, or password managers, either within your browser or a separate app) will still try to use the old password to authenticate. Until all your stored logins are updated with the new password, your account may lock, and if your computers and devices continue to use your old password, your accounts will stay locked until these are updated.
So make sure to log off and log back on your desktop computer and email, and manually change the password on your mobile devices and password managers straight away.