Once you have course declared you will be able to connect to both UO_WIFI and UO-STUDENT.
UO_WIFI is the new University "future state" network. It is faster and should be your first choice where available.
Wireless is available all over campus including in Residential Colleges.
Instructions for accessing wireless on an Android device
Keep in mind that different Android devices may have different interfaces. The device used in the video and images is a Samsung phone running Android 5.0 (Lollipop). Do not panic if your device does not look the same as the one used for the video or images, just follow the overall concept of the steps and you should get the same result.
- Go to your phone's Settings options
- Make sure that your wireless is turned on and go into the Wi-Fi settings
- Select the network you want to connect to (UO_WIFI or UO-STUDENT). UO-STUDENT is used in the example here but you can connect to UO_WIFI using the same instructions
- If it is your first time connecting to the University wireless network you will be prompted for some details. Make sure that the following settings are correct:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2 - this is sometimes found under the Advanced section
- CA certificate: Unspecified, None, or No Certificate
- Identity: Your University of Otago student username
- Enter Password: Your associated University of Otago password
- Click the Connect button and make sure that you are connected to the wireless network
You can also watch the instructional video on YouTube:
If you have questions or for assistance with connecting to wireless, contact AskOtago Student IT Services in person at the AskOtago Central Hub, Dunedin campus, or: