You can find the Calendar icon on the left-hand menu bar of your StudentMail screen after you log in. Click on it to open it.
Adding reminders and meetings
To enter a new appointment or reminder into your StudentMail calendar:
- Click New event in the top left corner of your Calendar screen.
- Enter the name, location, start and end date/time.
- If you wish to organise a meeting, enter the recipient email address(es) into Invite attendees. This will send a request for people to reply to.
- A reminder is set for 15 minutes prior by default, but can be changed to None or up to two weeks before the appointment.
- Click the Save button (top left).
To delete an appointment, right-click on the appointment in your calendar and select Delete.
Sharing your StudentMail calendar
To share your StudentMail calendar with others:
- Right-click My Calendar in the left-hand panel and select Sharing and Permissions from the displayed menu.
- Enter the email address of the person you wish to share with. To enter more than one email address, separate addresses with a ; and a space. (e.g. email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click Share. An email with a link to your calendar will be sent to the recipients.
To remove or edit someone's access to your StudentMail calendar, follow steps 1 and 2 above, but amend the access to the listed people as required.
If you share your calendar with an @student.otago.ac.nz address you can give the recipient edit access to your calendar. Nonemail@example.com addresses will have view-only access to your calendar.