You can log in to your StudentMail account online at:
Sending email in StudentMail
To send an email:
- click on + New message link in the top left of your StudentMail.
- To quickly reply to, forward, or delete an email, use the icons at the top of the reading pane for that email.
- There are more options available by clicking on the ellipsis (...) dots.
Use the search bar at the top of the screen to find an email in your mailboxes.
To move an email into a particular folder in StudentMail, you can either:
- Left-click on the email and drag it into your chosen folder, or
- Right-click on the email for the pop-up menu, and choose the Move option (if you are using a Mac without right-click enabled, hold the Control key down and click on the email for the pop-up menu options)
Creating new folders
To create a new folder in StudentMail:
- Right-click on the Inbox folder in the side menu (the one that appears under your name, not under Favourites).
- Select Create new folder and name the folder.
Using the Tasks function
Creating Tasks in your StudentMail is a good way to keep track of your assignment progress and organise your study.
To add a new task:
- Open Tasks (bottom left corner of the window) and click + new task (top left).
- Fill out the details and click Show More Details for other settings such as a Reminder or Priority.
- Click Save.
To add a new contact in StudentMail:
- Click on People at the top of the page.
- Click + new.
- Select create contact or create group and fill out the appropriate boxes.
- Click Save.
The name displayed in your StudentMail is initially set up from your "Preferred Known Name" in eVision.
Contact AskOtagoIT if you need to change your display name or need more help with using your StudentMail:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98