There are three types of software available to you on the Virtual Student/Staff Desktop:
1. Default Software
A range of general software is provided on all desktops by default. Below is the list of software available through the Start Menu on the Windows Student/Staff Desktop:
To find a piece of software:
- Press the Windows key or open the Start Menu.
- Type the name of the software in the Search box or browse All Programs.
2. Course-specific Software
If your course requires specific software, it will be made available to you on the Student/Staff Desktop. To access it:
- Go to the Start Menu > All Programs > Course Specific Software or...
- press the Windows key (or open the Start Menu) then type the name of the software in the Search box
3. Software Available on Request
Other software is available on request:
If you think you should have access to a particular application for your course but you can't find it in Student Desktop/Staff Desktop, contact AskOtago:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98