Citrix Workspace app (formerly known as Citrix Receiver) is the easy-to-install client software application that works in the background to provide secure access to your Student Desktop or Staff Desktop. It can be downloaded for free for any device including smartphones, tablets, and Windows and Mac computers.
This step-by-step guide shows you how to install the Citrix Receiver/Workspace so you can use the fully-featured verson of the Student Desktop on your own computer.
How to Install
- Go to the Citrix website: www.citrix.com/products/receiver
- Click the Download button to download
- Install the software by running the downloaded file and following the installer instructions
- Once installed, open Citrix Receiver/Workspace and click Set Up Account in the main window
- In Add Account type: student.desktop.otago.ac.nz (for the Staff Desktop, this should be staff.desktop.otago.ac.nz)
- Enter your University username and password
- If you get an error message asking for a "domain", enter student\yourusername (for staff: registry\username)
Make sure you put the \ the right way round!
- If given the option, choose Student Desktop Lock
- If the above box does not appear, click the Plus symbol > All Applications > Student Shared Desktop (staff: Staff Shared Desktop)
- Click the Student Shared Desktop (staff: Staff Shared Desktop) icon to start using the Desktop
Starting the Desktop
Once the Citrix software is installed, just open it and click on the Student(or Staff) Shared Desktop icon whenever you want to use it.