Some people have reported losing the connection to the Student Desktop or Staff Desktop when working on a macOS computer. They receive a pop-up message saying, Cannot connect to server. Please try again in a few minutes. This issue is caused by a feature in macOS X 10.9 called "App Nap", which puts the Citrix Receiver/Workspace application into hibernation mode. To stop this from happening:
- Select the Citrix Receiver/Workspace icon and click Command+I , or right-click and choose Get Info.
- Make sure the check box for Prevent App Nap is ticked.
- Go to Applications > Citrix Receiver > Citrix Viewer.
- Select the Citrix Viewer icon and click Command+I , or right-click and choose Get Info.
- Make sure the check box for Prevent App Nap is also ticked here.
The next time you log into the Student Desktop or Staff Desktop, the Citrix Receiver/Workspace application will not hibernate.
Please contact AskOtago if you have any other issues:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98