Some people have reported losing the connection to the Student Desktop/Staff Desktop when working on a Mac OS X computer. They receive a pop-up message saying, Cannot connect to server. Please try again in a few minutes. This issue is caused by a feature in Mac OS X 10.9 called 'App Nap', which puts the Citrix Receiver application into hibernation mode. To stop this from happening:
- Select the Citrix Receiver icon and click Command+I, or right-click and choose Get Info.
- Make sure the check box for Prevent App Nap is ticked.
- Go to Applications > Citrix Receiver > Citrix Viewer.
- Select the Citrix Viewer icon and click Command+I, or right-click and choose Get Info.
- Make sure the check box for Prevent App Nap is also ticked here.
The next time you log into Student Desktop/Staff Desktop the Citrix Receiver application will not hibernate.
Please contact ITS by calling 64 3 479 8888 or 0800 479 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other issues.