These instructions are for Staffmail Exchange accounts. If you are a new staff member or your account has been migrated to Office 365 recently, please refer to Removing/re-adding staff email in Outlook for Android post-migration
- Tap Settings > Account & sync (Accounts on some devices) > Add (+) account and select Exchange (or Exchange ActiveSync) account.
- You will be prompted for your email address so type this in the format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter the password associated with your staff username.
You may see a message saying that your account cannot be set up automatically or that the username/password combination is not recognised (depending on the type of device you are using). At that point select Manual configuration or setup and add the following settings:
- Server: webmail.staff.otago.ac.nz
- Domain: registry
Please note that if there is no separate Domain field, you should use "registry\USERNAME" (for example, registry\bonja00p) in the Username field.
- Username: your staff username (the one used to access Staff Webmail, Staff Web Kiosk, eVision, Blackboard, etc.)
- Password: the password associated with your staff username.
- Account name (if prompted) or Description: put something that you will recognise, for example Work Email
- Tap Next, then choose what data you would like your phone to sync with (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Notes). Tap Next to complete setup.
If you need any help setting up your device for email, you can: