If your department has access to the new University of Otago network you will no longer need to register your computer or device. You will just need to log in using your University username and password.
If your department uses one of the older University networks (UO-STAFF/UO-EXTERNAL), you need to get your computer or device registered on the network through your departmental IT support person, or contact AskOtago with the following information:
- the Ethernet address of your device (see below)
- the network you need to connect to (UO-STAFF or UO-EXTERNAL)
- the locations you need access for since UO-STAFF registrations are campus-specific (Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and/or Invercargill)
- a description of your device so it can be identified easily on the network (i.e. Joe Bloggs iPhone 6S S/N:GLX546LP)
- your departmental account code (usually in the form GL10xxx00)
Your Ethernet (or MAC) address can be either the wired or wireless Ethernet address depending on whether you need access to the wired or wireless service.
If you need further help or more information contact AskOtago:
Tel 64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98