International students who are granted New Zealand residency or citizenship while enrolled may be eligible to pay domestic fees for the current and subsequent years, depending on the date of the change to your status.
You will need to present an original passport along with a notification of your electronic visa (eVisa) confirmation, to confirm your change of residential status.
To be considered for a refund of fees to the equivalent domestic fee level, the date of award of the residence visa (as printed on the visa) must be prior to:
- 18 January 2021* for Summer School papers
- 19 March 2021* for Semester 1 papers
- 26 March 2021* for full year papers
- 30 July 2021* for Semester 2 papers
* 2021 dates to be confirmed
If your status changes after these dates you will continue to pay the international tuition rate for the duration of the paper/s you are currently enrolled in.