If your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or other computing device is missing, lost, or stolen please report it to:
- the Proctor's Office, as they co-ordinate the reporting and recovery of lost items
- AskOtago, so the device can be prevented from accessing the University of Otago network:
- Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98
- Email email@example.com
You also need to advise departmental administration if it is a University-owned device.
Outside of normal business hours, please report the loss/theft of University-owned mobiles directly to the approved mobile service provider that outgoing calls, texts and data usage from your mobile phone can be barred and no charges incurred on your mobile device account.
To do this, phone:
- 888 from any Vodafone mobile phone
- 0800 400 888 from any phone