Once you have a Syncplicity Sync & Share account, and have installed the client software, you can share any file already being synchronised by Syncplicity with someone else:
- Right-click or Control+click on the file name to reveal the Syncplicity options.
- For Windows, click Syncplicity > Share Link
For Mac, click Share > Share with Syncplicity (you may need to click More at the end of the menu to see Share with Syncplicity).
- Select your sharing requirements. You can choose to require that the recipient log into their Syncplicity Sync & Share account to receive the link
The file can only be accessed with a generated password so either enter a new password or use the inbuilt password generator to create one
Set a time for the link to expire (the expiry time for Default accounts is 7 days, Restricted and Secure accounts are 2 days).
- Type in the person's email address and send them the link to the file or copy the link and send it to them another way.
- Send the recipient the file password if you have specified one.
The file sharing options available will depend on the University of Otago security policy group you are in.
See the Syncplicity website for more detailed information about how to share files.