To send a file to someone using the University of Otago's Mail Express File Drop service:
- Go to the Mail Express File Drop webpage and click on File send/pickup (Otago).
- Log in using your University username and password.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to send the file to. You can send the file to multiple people at once. Separate each email address with a comma.
- Enter the subject details for the email message (required).
- Upload your file or files. A maximum of 100 files can be sent at any one time:
- If your file or files are less than 4GB in total, upload it/them by clicking the Browse button.
- For files bigger than 4GB, please use the Send Files with Java Upload Manager option (you may be prompted to install Java on your computer).
The default (and maximum) expiry time for your files is one week (7 days).
- Enter text for the email message that will be sent to the recipients (required).
- Click on Send to send the email with a link to the file(s) to the recipient(s).
The recipient can then click on the link(s) to download the file(s). If you used the Require password to download and upload files option, you will need to contact the recipient(s) with the password details.
If you have an 'external' University of Otago username you can also use the Mail Express File Drop service to send a file to anyone as long as you have an associated @otago.ac.nz (this includes @student.otago.ac.nz) email address. If you do not have an email-enabled external username, you will need to create an External Mail Express File Drop account using another email address.