- automatically checks your assignment for plagiarism using the SafeAssign system
- produces a SafeAssignment Report (SA Report) where you can see if your work matches online sources or other work in the SafeAssign database
- can only be submitted once, and you can only submit one file to each SafeAssignment
- is usually split into two separate submissions, a 'Draft' SafeAssignment where you can view your SafeAssign report; and a 'Final' SafeAssignment where you cannot view your SafeAssign report. The Final SafeAssignment is the one that your lecturer will mark.
A normal assignment uploaded through Blackboard:
- is not automatically checked for plagiarism
- may be submitted more than once, and you can upload more than one file to each assignment.