Your lecturer or tutor may ask you to submit your assignment (essay, report, project, etc.) using Blackboard. If your department provides specific instructions for how to submit an assignment in Blackboard, please use those first, otherwise please follow the general instructions below:
- Log in to Blackboard and click on the paper name for which you're submitting the assignment.
- Find the name of the assignment (it will be in one of the content areas - browse through the buttons in the paper menu to find it), then click on the name of the assignment link.
- You can either attach a file or use the Submission box to type in (or cut and paste) your assignment. Type relevant comments into the Comments box to make it clear who you are and what assignment file you are submitting.
- Click on Browse My Computer to locate the file on your computer and double-click to select it. Tip: keep your file names simple and don't use odd characters (#, !, & etc.). If you need to submit more than one file for this assignment, repeat this step.
- When your assignment is ready to send, click Submit. If you click Save as Draft instead your assignment will not be submitted to your lecturer/tutor. You should see a message at the top of the page: "This assignment is complete. Review the Submission History." If you want to check that everything has gone through okay, click on the name of the assignment link. Look in the Review Submission History to see the file or files you have submitted.
- If your lecturer has allowed you to submit your assignment more than once you can start another submission by clicking Start New Submission within the assignment page.
Contact ITS if you have any problems submitting your assignment through Blackboard:
Tel 64 3 479 8888 or 0800 479 888