If you aren't receiving the emails that your lecturer sends your class through Blackboard:
- Check your student email address (this is the @student.otago.ac.nz address on your student ID card). Emails will be sent from Blackboard to this address. If you can’t see the email in your Inbox, also check:
- The Junk email folder. If you find a message that should not be treated as spam/junk, right click on it and select “Mark as not junk”.
- Your email account settings. Do you have a Rule set up to automatically move these emails from the Inbox to another folder (e.g. the Junk email folder)? If so, turn it off or delete it. Also check “Junk email” to see what email addresses you have identified to be treated as junk. Click on the delete (trash can) icon to the right of an email address to stop email from that address being automatically moved to your Junk email folder.
- If you're forwarding your student email to a webmail address (such as Hotmail or Gmail):
- Check your Junk Mail, Bulk Mail, or Spam folder. Because emails from your lecturer are usually sent to multiple recipients, some webmail apps may mark them as spam.
- Set up @otago.ac.nz on your safe senders list or "whitelist" to stop forwarded StudentMail emails automatically being marked as spam and deleted. For instructions, see the related answer: Emails from @otago.ac.nz email addresses not being received
If you still aren't receiving the emails advise your lecturer first, then contact AskOtago: