Assessment will vary between programmes, and between papers. For many papers, however, there are generally two assignments and an exam of some kind.
Assessable activities will vary greatly, but will be individual or group-based and may include, for example:
- Online quizzes
- Compulsory attendance at contact courses
- Participation in online discussion forums
- Web conference attendance and participation
- Written essays or other kinds of written assignments, submitted online
- Presentations via web conferencing (Zoom)
- Examinations – either online ("internal") or in-person ("external")
Exams take place in June for semester 1 papers. Full-year and semester 2 exams are around October/November. If your exam is an "internal" exam, your lecturer will organise it. If your exam is an "external" one, the Examinations team at Student Administration will arrange the venue and an invigilator. You can request an exam venue close to your home.
Information on assessments for your course can be found in your Course Outline/Administration Guide or by asking your lecturer or course administrator.