If you're a standard UniSaver member, you have the following options on resigning/retiring from the University:

  • You can make a full withdrawal of the total balances within the scheme
  • Transfer funds to another scheme, or
  • Become a deferred member and leave all or part of your funds within the scheme until a later date, which also allows you to make up to four withdrawals a year

If you're a locked in UniSaver member the funds must remain in the scheme or be transferred into a KiwiSaver scheme until you reach at least 65 years of age. The one exception is for the purchase of a first home.


For more information contact the HR Superannuation & Staff Benefits Adviser:

Email superannuation@otago.ac.nz
Tel +64 3 479 8274

Last updated 19/07/2021 02.59 PM

Did this answer your question?