If you were born in New Zealand and are living and studying in New Zealand, your birth certificate (or passport) shows that you are entitled to be classed as a domestic student and have your fees subsidised by the New Zealand Government.

For students born elsewhere, copies of relevant passport pages normally provide the information required. A birth certificate is not normally needed unless changes of name or nationality are involved.

Last updated 08/07/2020 01.12 PM

Did this answer your question?