The following groups of students are exempt from paying the Student Services Fee:
- Students enrolled for distance papers only. This exemption is automatically calculated by Student Finance
- Students enrolled for interest only* and not eligible to sit degree examinations. This exemption is automatically calculated by Student Finance.
* Note this is a special category and does not mean the same as studying because you are interested in a particular subject
- Staff members – this means a person who is employed by the University on a half-time or greater basis for 10 months or longer. If there is any dispute about meeting this definition, the Director of Human Resources will decide. If a staff member is receiving staff study assistance the refund will be automatically returned to the department. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the Director, Student Services – the Director may authorise a part or full refund in exceptional circumstances
- Secondary school students studying University papers while also still at school
Most exemptions will be processed automatically to your fee account by Student Finance.
If you are a PhD student enquiring about Student Services Fee exemption, you should contact the Graduate Research School by emailing email@example.com
Enquiries for exemptions due to exceptional circumstances and secondary school students studying University papers while still at school should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All other students should email exemption enquiries to email@example.com