If you have lost your student ID card:
- Check your student email account as the ID Card Office will email you if your card has been handed in. If there is no email you should still contact the Office to check if your card is there:
Tel +64 3 479 5330
- Ask staff near the area where you think you lost it. Many study spaces have a lost property bin.
- Check at the OUSA office beside Union Lawn. Most lost property found on campus is held there.
If you have no luck finding your card, you must immediately report it missing to Campus Watch in the Proctor's Office by phoning +64 3 479 5000 (24 hours/7 days).
If you have lost your staff ID card or if it has stopped working, please contact the ID Card Office as soon as possible.
Lost ID cards will remain active until a replacement card is issued and the original card's chip is deactivated (if no replacement card is issued, then the original card will stay active).
Replacement ID cards
Replacement ID cards can be obtained from the ID Card Office in the Information Services Building.
There is a charge of $25 for the replacement of cards that have been lost, stolen, or damaged.
ID card not working
If you have a problem with your ID card not working, call into the ID Card Office in the Information Services Building (ISB), corner of Cumberland and Albany Streets. Malfunctioning cards are replaced free of charge but it is recommended that you bring your NZ Drivers Licence with you in case you need to confirm your identity.
For after-hours assistance, phone Campus Watch on 0800 479 5000 (available 24 hours).
ID card PIN
To recover or reset the PIN number associated with your ID card:
On the Dunedin campus
- Visit the Proctor's Office / Campus Watch Control Room (northern side of the St David Lecture Theatre Complex) anytime 24/7, or
- See the ID Card Office in the Information Services Building (ISB), 9am to 5pm (10am - 2pm outside of semester time)
At University of Otago Christchurch, University of Otago Wellington, or the Auckland Centre