International students currently studying full-time at the University may be eligible to apply to extend their visa through Student Visa Services on campus.

There are some exceptions. If any of the following applies to you then you'll need to apply for your visa through the Immigration New Zealand website:

  • You don't currently hold a valid student visa
  • You're not currently, or were not during the last enrolment period, a full-time student (unless you are an undergraduate finalist)
  • You're currently under the University of Otago's Academic Progress Policy, or under a similar policy on a professional programme
  • You're here on a Student Exchange programme

New Zealand Immigration - Study in New Zealand

Last updated 23/07/2020 11.47 AM

Did this answer your question?