To change your citizenship or permanent residency details, you need to supply the University with an original or correctly certified (witnessed/notarised) copy of documents to support the change.
If you are a New Zealand or Australian citizen, you will need to provide:
- The page of your passport that shows your name and other details, or
- Your citizenship certificate
If you are a New Zealand or Australian permanent resident, you will need to provide:
- The page of your passport that shows your name and other details
- Your residence visa label, or
- Appropriate documentation confirming you have been granted an electronic visa/eVisa (New Zealand residents only), or
- A confirmation email sent directly from the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) service to email@example.com that you have been granted an electronic visa/eVisa (Australian permanent residents only)
If you have refugee status, you must provide the original or a certified copy of the letter from the Immigration Service entitling you to reside in New Zealand or Australia.
If you are a current student you can email high quality scans or photos of your documentation along with a brief note stating your request and your student ID number from your University email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a new student to Otago you should request a change to your details via your eVision portal:
Alternatively, documentation can be submitted in-person to:
- Dunedin campus AskOtago Central Hub
- Auckland Centre Schools Liaison Office
- Wellington campus
- Christchurch campus
- Southland campus
Staff will take a photocopy of any original documents.
Contact AskOtago for more information:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98