To change your citizenship or residency details, you need to supply the University with an original or correctly certified (witnessed/notarised) copy of documents to support the change.
New Zealand and Australian citizens
If you are a New Zealand or Australian citizen, you will need to provide:
- The page of your passport that shows your name and other details, or
- Your citizenship certificate
New Zealand or Australian resident class visa holders
If you are a New Zealand or Australian resident class visa holder, you will need to provide:
- The page of your passport that shows your name and other details
- Your residence visa label, or
- Appropriate documentation confirming you have been granted an electronic visa/eVisa (New Zealand residents only), or
- A confirmation email sent directly from the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) service to email@example.com that you have been granted an electronic visa/eVisa (Australian permanent residents only)
International students granted residency
If you are an international student who has been granted New Zealand residency while enrolled, you will need to provide proof of change of residential status by presenting an original passport and letter confirming eVisa approval. You may be eligible to pay domestic fees for the current and subsequent years. See the related information at the bottom of the Fees website:
New and current international students with pending New Zealand residency are advised to seek advice from the University about their situation:
If you have refugee status, you must provide the original or a certified copy of the letter from the Immigration Service entitling you to reside in New Zealand or Australia.
How to supply certified documentation
If you are a current student, you can upload certified documentation to eVision through the Request a change field in the My details section.
If you are a new student, you can upload certified documentation to eVision through the Request a change field in the Application form section.
Alternatively, documentation can be submitted in-person to:
- Auckland Centre, Schools Liaison Office
- Christchurch campus
- Dunedin campus, AskOtago Central Hub
- Southland campus
- Wellington campus
Staff will take a photocopy of any original documents.
Contact AskOtago for more information: