Departmental Health & Safety Officers (DHSOs) are departmental representatives for health and safety issues at the University.
As a DHSO your main duties are:
- To complete risk/hazards identification within the Department.
- To maintain the risk/hazards register (including reviews and hazard auditing).
- To report on risk/hazards management issues to the Head of Department or Manager.
- To ensure that new staff receive appropriate Health & Safety induction.
- To receive incident/injury reports from staff and students within the division and complete investigations utilising the health and safety IT system (Vault).
- To liaise with the Health and Safety team on University health and safety strategies and processes.
See the Departmental Health & Safety Officers (DHSOs) page to find out more.