The Health and Safety Team's role is to:
- ensure that the University's risk/hazard management systems comply with legal requirements, and to provide advice on hazard management strategies
- ensure that a risk/hazard management process is put in place to identify the potential and actual sources of harm
- ensure that controls are in place for managing risks and preventing harm to employees
- ensure information is made available to employers and employees for managing risks/hazards effectively and appropriately within the work environment
- ensure expert advice is available to all University staff, students, visitors and contractors
- co-ordinate the University's risk/hazard register which lists the hazards found within the University environment and the controls needed for managing these hazards.
Your departmental risk/hazard register and controls are available from your line manager, HOD or DHSO.