You can use a single one-off casual payment where somebody has been engaged on a one-off short term assignment:

  • a specific one-off job (e.g. stuffing envelopes, a short piece of research, giving a couple of lectures, collating information, etc)
  • a specific number of hours (e.g. 40 hours work in a two week period, or 25 hours work over a month, etc)
  • a fixed dollar amount normally drawn from the University salary scales (e.g. the parties agree to pay a total rate for the work, using the University salary scales as a basis for calculation).

Where the work is to extend beyond a month a fixed term appointment may better meet your needs by providing clarity of expectations and legislative protection. Refer to the Casual Staff Employment Guidelines.

Use the Casper system to make the appointment.

Contact your Divisional HR Manager or Adviser for assistance.

Last updated 28/03/2018 08.41 AM
Did this answer your question?